FeBooary's Girl Ramblings

February.

Or, as I prefer it to be spelt, FeBooary.

I love the month. Everything about it gladdens my heart. From the brevity to the celebrations it brings.

Yes, I was born in February and a host of special people too (the crappy ones don’t count!).

I used to think being born in February conferred some celebrity status but I have found not to all who were.
Still, I love February. Something about the month just feels exactly right!

You, know, like when you sit in your house semi-butt naked to savour a bowl of amala with gbegiri and ewedu with very many bite-sized animal obstacles of the right texture playing around and winking back at you. THAT is the feeling the month elicits in me. I could be broke or buoyant, means nothing really.

February has a flavour, all its own.

This one is no different.

I usually self-moderate and I do this more than normal in February.

Like I woke up with a need to go see my father’s grave and drove a 5hour round trip just to sit there and say, ‘hey Dad, blab la bla…….. and five minutes later, I was making the trip back. He didn’t answer but I felt his presence tangibly and what his arms around me should feel like and I am in a better place for making the trip.

I have thanked God a lot too in recent times.
For life, for great health in spite of all challenges, for the girls and their health and natures. As different as chalk and cheese, yet, they thrive.
With their very somehow Mom. I do what I can, I make their Dad do what he ought and I commit the rest to God cos He ultimately is their owner, Father and everything.

I am putting a brake on the self-judgement. My BFF who knows me well, will usually call sometime during my day to ask me to cheer up cos she knows I would have been so hyper beforehand and when burnout sets in, I get miserable and think up every single one of the goals I had that I am yet to attain and berate myself but I seem to have outgrown both the high and low. Fingers crossed.

I do wish this were the big 5-0 sha. Maybe becos of the ‘word’ that I received in prayer. I rarely get that so it was a distinct pleasure to receive the word and now, I can’t wait! I trust it will all be according to His word, cos it’s gonna be lit! I know whom I believe!

My HRN, this person who sometimes appears to be a figment of my imagination.  This man, such a rejoicing of my heart. Not perfect, yet, exactly that. I am daily aware of how much I desire and able to articulate cos of how brilliant being with you is.

You know how something happens and you can’t wait to tell this person cos he will say something that will make you laugh and then you do say it and he says something that makes what you thought pale in comparison? But how is someone so very serious and so very playful at the same time? I am shamelessly exhibitionistic while he is intensely private and the balance we strike makes life easy for us both.

Work has been truly tasking and frustrating in parts and exhilarating and so rewarding too! I would be content with a digital x-ray machine, a multi-transducer ultrasound machine and a Radiographer.

Those would send my joy to truly skyrocketing levels but, Nigeria…..the one infection I am unable to rid my heart of.  She daily finds me stuff to pray or agonize over. Sigh.

My parents were both born in FeBooary and thankfully did not make their transition in that month. Random fact.

I didn’t forget Valentine’s, I am just choosing to ignore it. The celebration will not be televised. It is rated intense and not for public consumption.

Angel Jamiu is here covering face. He/She is busy advising me to tone things down. Abeg, who needs a spare angel. I’m tired of Angels with Attitudes. He/She regularly overdoes things, you know, always so extra for which I am usually thankful cos I am anything but ordinary. Still, one would like to be extraordinary in peace.

I realize I am rambling again and it’s all cos of the liberties I have had to take to keep this going.
Anyway, you sha get my drift?

Life is good. And about to get even better.

Comments