My 5 new favourite things

I am human and constantly evolving, maybe more than most sef. I just recently noticed that my favourite things are changing. I remember writing about some of my favourite things (or was it people? one time). Anyway, my new favourite things, short but profound in my eyes are listed below. What are yours?
1.    Exercise (why are you laughing?) I kid you not! I have now developed a fondness for exercise. It helps to clear my head and more of my clothes now fit. It is also exhilarating to see my Nike Run app tell me how many kilometers I did in how many minutes. Yes, I now truly like exercise. I know I used to do it to stay alive before but now, I really don’t have to be coerced.

2. Sleeping (SMH! If you don’t quit laughing, I will stop here) Yes, I have developed a new fondness for sleeping and resting. It used to be that I could never relax enough to get to sleep and once I did, I started investigating intergalactic spaces and so I usually woke up exhausted even when I do manage to sleep. Also, I always felt life was passing me by while I slept, afterall, Its always morning somewhere on the earth.

3. I now like salads…..hehehehehehehehehe!!! Even me, I have to laugh at this one. I used to call this the ‘grass diet’….and me, I used to be carnivorous. Eating my meals with flesh of some kind was compulsory, not required. I couldn’t understand how my babies when they were, could eat a meal of swallow without meat or fish. But I now wake up craving salads and actually make them, eat them and enjoy them! Nothing wey God nor fit do. I however tolerate very few vegetables so my salads are always lit and I still like to have some flesh in them and I usually garnish with suya pepper. Hmmmmm! Delish!

4.I now value my solitude more than even before. Being a hyper person( in my head), I get exhausted when I spend time with a lot of people. I therefore always need the time away from crowds to recharge and reenergize. I can be the life of the party only for a short time before my batteries run down and out. Lately, I log out of interactions to be alone. And more and more, I am loving it and while I am not antisocial or anything, it does enhance my enjoyment of being around people knowing my time alone will soon come up.

5.I am enjoying minding my own business. In more ways than one, I find that I have no real need to volunteer information about what I know to be right. Some people deserve their delusions. I had mine and mayhaps I am thankful that some people minded their business enough to allow me them. Using social media a lot means you come in contact with a lot of ignorance and arrogance, sometimes dwelling in the same vessel, and I am learning more and more to leave well alone. Some people need their ignorance, some, their arrogance and so I am getting better at minding MY OWN business. This sometimes means my work, my play, my family, my health or even my sanity.


It’s really invigorating to look at your own evolution from time to time and just enjoy it; which is what this post is really about. Anyone who knows me well, knows being racked by doubts and insecurities has never meant I loved me any less (usually, a little too much) and I am more loving and accommodating of me nowadays. So, what are your new favourite things?

Comments