Christmas Wishlist


In my alternate reality, I am the daughter of a stupendously rich man with a stupendously rich boyfriend who loves me so much and panders to my every desire while I live the life of a spoilt little rich girl doing whatever takes my fancy, one of which would be Veterinary clinical practice.

In this alternate reality, Christmas is coming and as is usual, both my rich father and BF are out to outdo each other to grant my every little wish and so, they ask direct and indirect questions to try and decipher what would catch my fancy and secure them the number one spot in my affections for the Christmas season.

So, I am having such a hard time deciding what I want as I already have so much and these that I am to ask for are just another in the long list of things I can get by reason of being the rich Daddy and Le Lover’s  girl.

So, if all was well with the world and I had no strong dislike of war and the attendant problems were all solved and here in my country, I’d already visited all the IDP camps and bought enough food for a year for them while I think up how to buy food for the next year. I’d provided housing for them, each one with their own flat large enough for their family to have privacy and good beds to sleep in and of course, bedsheets! I’d had schools set up so everyone on the camps can learn. Flown in teachers who want to teach and who can be compassionate and not mock any struggling student. Be they 6, 16 or 60years old.

Then, my Christmas wishlist would read something like......

I’d like a dream house with large rooms, walk-in dressing rooms and even larger bathrooms. The house has at least 5rooms so friends can come and stay when they like and the girls and I still each have our own room. There is an open plan kitchen-dining and light open spaces filled with bookshelves loaded down with books.

A semi-silent generator that has enough oomph to power everything and a battery and solar powered inverter mean I have always-on power.

 In the garage, I’d like an SUV, a 7 or 8 passenger minivan with drop down screens to watch movies when we travel and of cos my car....

Right now, I’m crushing on an Opel Astra in blue.

I’d like a designer bag, something pricey and quirky. Prada, Gucci or Gidan Nodza.

Something decadent to put my new brand new phone in. As per phones, I don’t do the exclusivity club, and even though I peep into that world sometimes, cos of my love for gadgets, will not be buying one anytime soon. 
And oh! A powerbank....😕

I’d like a tablet for the older daughter, just cause she is so smart and so disciplined with her things and hasn’t had a gift in a while. And she’s also such a geek!

A smart phone for the younger one for all her Youtube videos….

They both would also get a rack of new books from that online bookstore.

I’d like new bedsheets for all the beds we have. I already know where I am getting them. I have one new set but still want the new ones. That’s what being spoilt is about, no?

I’d also like five million dollars just because….please and thank you!


But most of all, I’d like to spend Christmas morning with everyone watching the sun come up and not wondering where their next meal would come from…..

Comments