ARIK (the airline)

It's been a beautiful couple of days even though Arik(the airline) attempted to ruin it and failed. 

I wonder who owns Arik and why he/she is running the business in such a horrid manner?

Drove in from Jos to Abuja to try & fly back to Ibadan and when I got there, both airlines that fly to Ibadan had already done so. I then decided to fly to Lagos & brave the nightmare that I hear the Lagos-Ibadan expressway had become. My one and only error was thinking Arik(the airline) is one. 

Bought a ticket at about 1:30pm for a 4pm flight and at 7pm, I finally realised I was being given the runaround. Not a lot of information and a stressful waiting period later, I give up. I attempt to reschedule my flight for the next day to Ibadan & here is where I got gobsmacked! 

The staff who attended to me made it seem like a favour to do so. And of cos, yours truly lost it. I asked him who would pay for a taxi into town, the hotel room where I would spend one more day away from my luxurious bed and home (never mind the true state of my abode) and the hotel back to the airport the following morning. Said staff looked at me & conceded not to bill me for the rescheduling.... If you know me, you already know by this time, I needed paramedics to be on standby but looking around in incredulity, I find that I wasn't being pranked or anything & quite a number of people around me had that (another IJGB- that's code name for 'se se de' or 'Johnny Just Come') look on their faces & so I admitted defeat & slunk away. 

You would think this will set the stage for my 9:45am flight to leave on schedule the following day but oh no! Arriving at 7:51am at the airport to catch the flight was evidence of how disbelieving I am that any one can run an airline the way Arik (the airline) is run.

First a one hour delay, and then another & then they gave up every pretence at caring what we thought about how they felt about what we thought of them. 

Two hours after the last one hour delay, they finally ask 'all checked-in passengers on flight W3 400 to Ibadan on Arik (the airline) should proceed to board'. 

If you are already familiar with the horrors of their operations like Kenneth who said to me Arik (the airline) board times are mere suggestions or as he put it, 'come make we see if we go fly'....we flew and for a person who flies badly like me, I was oblivious to the experience till we landed. 

Arik(the airline), do you not think it's time to pack in this pretence of being an airline & face other lucrative businesses like selling pure water?! 

Or is someone holding a gun to your heads to make you sell tickets (not cheap oh!) when you have no fuel to power your shabby, smelly aircrafts?!! 

I know many will wonder if I did report & if you know me well, you already know the answer but even the NCAA official sounded exasperated and without a clear understanding of what the issue is (story for another day). 

Arik (the airline) is an absolute disgrace. 

Comments

  1. Oh dear!
    Arik again.
    Experts at canceling flights.
    Copy this to their facebool and twitter page.
    Give them some bad press.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!