Happy PostHumous Birthday!

It’s your birthday.  
There are no tears today. 
Only memories.                                             
Very many memories. 
And of course unanswered questions. 
Those plague me constantly. 
I still miss you. 
It’s a dull ache somewhere near my epicenter. 

Some days, I can go all day before you feature, others, I start with tears at how you would have assessed my newest challenge. 
You knew me more than I care to admit. 
From the very first hello, you usually can tell what the call is about. 
After a while, I became your biggest worry. ‘Sola ma fee pa mi’? *smiles*

We are all getting by, really and I imagine you are giving Big G a huge hug today. I imagine you approached him to try and redecorate His throne in new colours of the rainbow and He told you to sit at His feet for a bit and just enjoy His presence and stop doing so much. You used to do so very much and I am sure heaven is enjoying what we miss.

Charrissa looks like you and is such a ball of energy too.
The conversation we had on Facebook when Tola had twin girls. I pictured you sharing it with us. Are you better at working Facebook at all? I'm sure there's an Angel there who can give you tips.
See how punch proud your brother and sister were ehn?! 
Like they suddenly remembered how twins ran in their lineage. 
As if we forgot the 'ere Ibeji' that we used to go and greet with Mama at Ijesa-Ijebu or is it Ososa, I forget. 
And it was how we found out that Tayo wants a shortcut to 3 babies. 
We are all in agreement that she can have them & we hope you’ll help us expedite with Big G. Yewande wants no part! She orchestrated her two on same day already.
Junior had a baby boy! So glad I am about that. 
You should have seen Pastor D and Nike’s conversation about his names (RME!).  
Bunmi is not North American oh! She is Naija! She is even better at working that Lagos market that I can never get a hang of.
Moji....(Guvnor-in-waiting) remains all shades of AWESOME!
Kemi and Idowu also....
Tope and Yinka are still a delightsome pair. 
We have tried to do half of what you used to do and I know you may sometimes laugh at our feeble efforts.

Uncle is…….you know now.  

Yes, I wanted to talk about the knowing all things part.

Do you know how much we miss you? 
Do you know when we are troubled & need direction & want it from no-one but you?
Do you know how I obsess over how you feel about what I am doing? If you are proud of me?
Do you know when the girls say something and I think you would have the perfect response?
Do you know how many times I reach for my BB while having a conversation with someone to have one with you at the same time as I used to do?
Do you know him? The one I chat with when I want to talk to you?
Do you shake your head (this is my imagination blowing up) when I jump to conclusions I have to apologize for? 

But sebi you know I never did that with you. I was so secure in the love I felt from you.
Who will love me like that now?

I imagine you are trying to show everyone a good time even there. 
Can you just rest today?


Comments

  1. Mummy...hmmm...one day sha..i will be able to talk...one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem. This got me crying. Reminds me so much of times with my mother. Today is her 56th postHumous birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing write-up. It reminded me of my late dad. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!